I was alerted to a family of 4 that had registered for SRP 2 times, once with their real names, and once with nicknames. They had the same phone numbers and the same addresses. They collected prizes on both accounts at 2 different locations.
Please make sure you (and all of your staff) are looking up customers in Summer Reader before registering them, and before logging or awarding prizes. Sometimes, customers create a new account because they don't remember their user name or password, and they aren't doing it maliciously. Remember, phone number is a great way to look up customers (if they put one in). Also, if you just search just the last name, you'll get a list of everyone with that last name, and you may see duplicates there (although, sometimes, there are more than 1 person with the same name, so it isn't always necessarily a duplicate). If you are noticing duplicate accounts, please put a note in the record that you believe the account is a duplicate.
I have been deleting duplicate accounts as I come across them, but I have been swamped lately, so I haven't been doing it as quickly as I would like. When I do delete an account, I put a note in the existing account (that way if a customer has a question about where their account went, anyone can answer that question).
Please share this with your staff, and let me know if you have any questions!
MR
No comments:
Post a Comment